Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I Have a Confession... I Have Too Many Obsessions!

What teacher would blog if we weren't just a little bit obsessive?  I'm linking up with Bonnie from Living a Wonderful Life to share my personal obsessions. 


1. Teacher Blogs - I know this is obvious, but it is my primary obsession right now and I absolutely love the amazing ideas I get from other teachers each day.  Seeing other teachers' work in their classrooms motivates me to push myself to be a better teacher, which is not easy in these times.

TBA


 2. Pinterest - Pinterest started as a fun hobby with pictures of gardens, clothing, and crafts I may or may not purchase or make in the future.  I quickly discovered teaching ideas, then blogs, then Teachers Pay Teachers, etc.  Now I have hundreds of pins related to education that I can refer to anytime I want.  So fantastic!

Follow Me on Pinterest button

3. Peanut Butter M&M's - I don't know why, but since Easter I have been eating them like they are going out of style.  They are the perfect combination of salty and sweet!


4. My iPad - My husband came up with this one.  He frequently asks me if I'm "On that Bloody iPad again" (he's Scottish) and I have to admit nine times out of ten that I am.  I really need to put it away.  But I can't.  It's too difficult...
 5. Clip art - Ever since I discovered Thistlegirl Designs and Scrappin Doodles, I have become hooked on collecting graphics.  I own more graphics that a person should and need to work all summer to use them in lessons I will upload to my teacher stores.  Although I want to stop buying clip art, it's just so hard to pass up something cute!
   

15 comments:

  1. I am fairly certain I have all of the same obsessions as you!! Scratch M&M's and add surfing and my post is done, lol!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surfing is way healthier than M&M's! Good job! Sadly, Jaws ruined the ocean for me when I was a kid. I love your blog and would enjoy sharing ideas with you regarding Daily 5 this summer if you decide to try it. I'm reading the books this summer and hope to organize my classroom so it will be easy to start in July. We'll see how it goes!

      Delete
  2. I am obsessed with my IPad too! And my husband yells at me to put it away (even though he got it for me)!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! He didn't realize how bad it would be! :)

      Delete
  3. Found you through the linky party. Your blog design is soooo very cute!!

    mrsjwalk.blogspot.com
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog!!! MTF are my favorite as well :) Haven't ever had those M&M's... will have to give them a try!

    Every New Beginning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only try them if you have will power to stop eating them before they are gone! :).

      Delete
  5. LOL! Obsessions, obsessions!! I have so many right now that I can't keep up!

    Blogging is definitely toward the top of the list!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am right there with you on clip art. I had so much stored on my school's server that they asked me to save it another way because I was taking up to much space! I also do the yearbook so I had gobs of pictures as well. I went out and bought an external hard drive and took it all off- I freed up so much space! I am so glad I did, because now my clip art is portable! Thanks for stopping by my blog, yours is adorable!!

    :) Dana
    Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny! I have filled up my flash drive so I can carry my clip art with me from home to school. So far it works well. I enjoy your blog!

      Delete
  7. I think every penny I make from TPT goes to clip art! I'm SO obsessed! I buy tons of clip art of Etsy too!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! Sometimes artists have more clip art on Etsy than on other sites. I love it!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for linking up! I'm your newest follower :) I have never had the PB M&Ms...I'll have to check them out! I had a couple of iPads to use with my class and it was actually the opposite for us...my husband was obsessed with using it! I had to turn them in and wish he would just get one because now we're fighting over who gets to be on the laptop!

    Bonnie
    Living A Wonderful Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we have very similar obsessions!! :) I just started finding clip art on Etsy and I think it may become a problem soon!! I am your newest follower!!

    I would love it if you came by and visited my blog and followed me! http://adayinbcasfirstgrade.blogspot.com/

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete