Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rockin' Resources! Linky Party

I'm also linking up with a fellow Californian teacher blogger (there aren't too many of us out there) who is having her first Linky Party.  Check out Kelley's adorable blog, which is called Teacher Idea Factory, to see her list of clasroom resources she can't live without.
 

 Now for my list of things I couldn't live without in my classroom.  This is tough because I tend to enjoy trying new things rather than doing the same thing year after year.  However, I do have a few Must Have's that help me out each day.

Teachers Pay Teachers and Teachers Notebook - There is no better resource out there for teachers than a website where we can download lessons and activities to teach standards.  I can spend hours just perusing the sites to get inspiration or to quickly print out something I need to use that day.  It's the wave of the future!


Mrs. Grossman's Stickers - I teach near Mrs. Grossman's Sticker Factory and am fortunate to be able to go there to pick up stickers at discount prices.  I have also received donations of retired stickers that have lasted years!  I use tons of stickers each year to do "sticker writing", which is my students' favorite thing in the world.  I place a sticker in the picture space of writing paper and the student has to create a detailed picture around it.  That inspires the student to write a story!


See How They Grow Video Series - These movies are the absolute BEST!  Each video shows three or four animal life cycles.  My students are able to watch, learn, and even take notes so we can do compare/contrast activities.  I look forward to watching these videos each year!



TeacherWeb.com - I used this website to create my classroom website that keeps parents informed and my students entertained at home.  I create newsletters, upload documents, post daily schedules, and update wish lists for parents to view.  I also have a page listing safe websites for kids.  It costs about fifty dollars each year and is worth every penny!


1 comment:

  1. I would love to see a picture of your sticker writing! great idea
    Brooke
    Teachable Moments

    ReplyDelete