Tuesday, June 19, 2012

New Beginnings!

     My new principal is on campus learning all about our school in preparation for the new year, which begins in July.  I am so honored to have been a part of the hiring process.  If you haven't been on a hiring committee, I highly recommend volunteering for one in the future.  It is not only interesting, but you really gain perspective on the whole process.  Plus, you may find someone fun and excited about taking on a new school!

     While working obsessively relaxing during my short summer vacation, I have been creating lessons and preparing for my implementation of Daily 5.  In the process, I looked at some of my clip art and decided to create something for all of the PreK-1st grade teachers out there.  It has six activities that teach and review numbers 1-10 as well as color words.  I had a kindergarten teacher check it to make sure it is appropriate for the young guys and she OK'd it.  If you want to start the school year with some cute activities, download it from one of my teacher stores.  Enjoy!

Click HERE for TpT and HERE for Teachers Notebook
     Did you notice that the image above is a collage vs. a snapshot of the cover of my lesson?  I found a tutorial recommended by Amy Lemons  on the Teachers Pay Teachers Sellers Forum (technology section) and downloaded Picassa onto my laptop.  I used it to create this collage pretty easily and am so glad I finally know how to do it.  Now I can create previews for my teacher stores that give people a better idea of what to expect from my work.  Thank you for the tip, Amy Lemons!

12 comments:

  1. Very cute! I just wish I knew how to make the printables with all the cute fonts and graphics that ya'll make! Nobody really makes anything cute for the upper grades. :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use Powerpoint and find graphics from one of the teacher stores, Etsy, Scrappin Doodles, or Thistlegirl Designs. Be sure to read their Terms of Use carefully before you buy anything and you are ready to go!
      Have fun!

      Delete
  2. It is cute! I think it's an honor to sit in on that hiring process as well. Usually we are just looking for new teachers, but I'm sure a new admin would definitely a time when teacher input is really helpful.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. I certainly need to learn more about the Daily 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in luck this summer! So many teachers are blogging about it and pinning pictures on Pinterest that it's unbelievable. I'm having a great time preparing for it and have a huge support system, whichs really helps.

      Delete
  4. Hey girl! Thanks for visiting me :) Now following!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather! Thanks for stopping by my TpT store! (Literacy Centers for Parents: Tips & Tricks for Learning at Home) Just stopping by to say hello and follow your blog! I've been reading D5 this summer too! Good luck implementing it next year!

    ❀Bethany❀
    Learning is a Journey
    Polka Dot Parlor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethany! I love the parent info. sheets. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am going to check yours out as well!

      Heather

      Delete
  6. I love your blog and I'm so glad that I found it! I've selected your blog as one of my top 15 "One Lovely Blog" awards. If you have not already received this award, please check out my blog to see what you need to do to claim your award. :)

    Victoria Wise
    The Wise & Witty Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Victoria! I have received it recently, but I haven't found 15 blogs yet. I will post more on my list and be sure to link back to you. Thanks again for the compliment!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for your nice comment.
    I just found your blog following the link you left on TPT.
    I can't believe you are going back to school in July. That sound too soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is way too soon, but we have three weeks off in the fall, which is the longest season in a traditional schedule. I am on a modified year round schedule and am getting used to it.

      Delete