Saturday, July 7, 2012

Classroom Theme/Inspiration Linky!


      Corinna at Surfin' Through Second is hosting a Linky Party that will allow bloggers to share our current or soon-to-be classroom themes.  Recently polka dots and zebra prints become all the rage and I'm loving all of the ideas I'm seeing on Pinterest and in teacher stores. If you check out my Pinterest board for classroom organization, you will see images that inspired me.  Here is what I have so far:


I found these on Amazon and bought them today for my bulletin boards and classroom window.



I changed all of my bulletin board borders to these cute polka dot themed borders.  I'm considering buying zebra striped ones and layering them with the polka dots, but I am not sure yet.  Any suggestions?         
I also made some binder covers because I am not going to organize everything into file folders this year.  A Pinterest-inspired idea!  The binders will house my lesson plans, Daily 5 paperwork/activities, math center paperwork, assessments, etc.  It's been a lot of work getting them organized, but so far I like it because everything is much easier to find.  If you would like to download them, visit my TpT store and get them FREE!
I am planning on making my own CAFE posters to match, along with some cute name tags and a new behavior chart.  At Back to School Night I am going to ask parents to donate zebra print pillows or seats for my classroom library as well.  Maybe something like this:

Source: walmart.com via Heather on Pinterest


     So cute!  Well, as I continue to create items, I will post them on my blog and in my teacher stores.

 I'm looking forward to checking out the following bloggers who linked up with Surfin' Through Second!

Classroom Themes/Inspiration Linky




































 

38 comments:

  1. What a fun theme! You have a lot of options with this, I have seen tons of items in stores! Can't wait to see it all come together:) Thank you for linking up!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and following me. Your blog is great and so are all of your classroom items. I'm following you now too!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your link. I am loving your blog and am your newest follower! I love your theme! Your lesson plan binder cover is so cute! I am giving away a $20 TPT gift certificate. Come visit and enter to win! :)

    Delighted in Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I entered and appreciate you giving away such a nice item!

      Delete
  4. Love polka dots and zebra print. I'd double up on your borders. I'm going to double up on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather,
    Found your blog through the classroom theme. I live in Northern California as well...El Dorado Hills. I am now your newest follower!! Come check out my new blog!

    Christa
    sweetlifeofsecondgrade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those letters! They will look fabulous! Hope pictures are to follow... :)
    ~Christy & Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm visiting through the linky party, and I'm your newest follower. Your room will be super cute with your zebra stripes and polka dots. I did a jungle theme a few years ago, and used some zebra stripes. I'm excited to share my classroom theme too. Come by when you get a chance.
    Waving from The Teacher's Chatterbox,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked out your blog and it's very cute! Thanks for the ideas!

      Delete
  8. I'm your newest follower. Cute blog! Come visit me at:

    Psyched to be in 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is beautiful! I found you through the classroom theme linky.

    Hooty's Homeroom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your super cute blog. I'm your newest follower. Come on over and visit me at: Totally Terrific in Texas.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all of the compliments! I have been responding to your comments via email, which I hope is working. If you haven't received one from me, would you let me know? I tried to set it up correctly in Blogger, but you never know if it's working unless you see it. I love all of you blogs and am a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much fun! Can't wait to see more pictures!!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! School starts in just over a week so I will post pics soon.

      Delete
  13. I just found your blog. I will be teaching 2nd grade in August and I am on the lookout for 2nd grade bloggers to collaborate with. I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. I am giving you an award, so stop on over and pick it up! Give me about 5 min. to get my post reread and posted.
    Your newest follower,
    Amy
    Where Seconds Count 2nd grade blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amy! I would love to collaborate,with you. I have taught second for a long time and would be happy to share with you! I'll check out you blog, too. :)

      Delete
  14. Just found your blog through a post you left on Tessa's blog (Tales from Outside the Classroom)!

    Glad I found you! I'm a new follower. I'm also doing a wild/animal print theme. You should check out some of the things I've done!
    http://cotesclass.blogspot.com/2012/06/more-wild-improvements-with-duck-tape.html

    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher in First!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your ideas with me! Very cute and I'm a new follower!

      Delete
  15. Thanks for the freebie and for telling me to link up!!!! I love all of your ideas!!
    Michelle :)
    Kindergarten Stars

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice article friend and i like your writing style. Full Color Folders

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your decor, especially your chair. I just found your blog & I'm your newest follower!! I'm excited to follow along & share ideas! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  18. Black & white are so classic together, I love the black & white polka dot border - I have used it A LOT in my classroom over the past few years! Well I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog from the classroom theme linky party I just became your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete