Thursday, July 5, 2012

Awards and Random Facts


  I hope you enjoyed the 4th of July!  I watched my little town parade and had fun joining in the festivities in our park square.  It's a little different than most because it's in wine country, which means there is a wine theme every year.  My favorite part is when employees of Wine Country Chocolates throw chocolates into the audience.  People go nuts!

  Onto blogging news... I have received a huge compliment from the amazing Jessica Stanford at Mrs. Stanford's Class.   Check out her blog.  It's great!

MrsStanfordsClass


  She has awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award!

How exciting!  Upon receiving the Versatile Blogger Award, there are some rules that go with it:

1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you. Did it!
2. Include a link to their site. Did it!
3. Include the award image in your post. Did it!
4. Give random 7 facts about yourself. Did it!
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award. Working on it!
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other bloggers know they have been nominated.
So... random facts about me.  It's pretty random!  Sorry about the formatting, but I'm having issues with Blogger.  

1. I am half Spanish.  Can you tell?







2. I can fall asleep to the sound of bagpipes playing LIVE in my house.  I can thank my Scottish dad for that, as he was a bagpiper and often had band practice at our home.  I grew up going to the Scottish Games and wore a little kilt that I still own. 




3. Speaking of Scotsmen, I married one almost two years ago.  My dad was very proud!
4. My favorite food of all time is Laduree macaroons. I didn't think I liked macaroons until I went to France and tried them. A shop opened in New York this year, which means it may one day make it over to California.  A girl can only hope...




5. My husband and I started MacLaren Wine Company in 2007 and this is our label.  He makes Syrah, but is considering making a white (Sauvignon Blanc?) wine this year.  We work in a tasting room each Sunday and go to wine events to pour our wine throughout the year.  Yes, this is in addition to teaching full time and doing the blogging thing.  I'm a busy girl!


6. My elbows are double-jointed.  I know there is no such thing, but I can twist them into an unnatural position.  I tried to get my husband to take a picture of it so I could post it, but he said it's gross.  Sorry, no pics!


7.  Lastly, I LOVE living in wine country!  I am surrounded by vineyards on my way to work each day and go on picnics at local wineries when the weather is nice.  I never take it for granted because I know I may not live here forever.  It's a wonderful experience.



Well, I'm off to bed, but will nominate 15 blogs tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. I've never tried a macaroon, but something tells me I would like would like one! Yum! I enjoyed reading your facts :)

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! I saw your blog and am a new follower. Congrats!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful wedding picture!!

    Ashley
    Www.teacherstreasurechest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is awesome that you make wine!! My fiance is out in Washington State playing music at a few Winerys. It is beautiful out there!!
    Michelle :)
    Kindergarten Stars

    ReplyDelete