Monday, September 3, 2012

Blogging in Wine Country

Happy Labor Day!  I know I shouldn't be working today, but sitting on my couch with my laptop does not feel like work compared to what I would be doing if I were at school right now.  Besides, I am happily blogging away while sipping a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc with the husband, which makes everything better.  I can't wait to taste the first vintage of his Sauv Blanc this spring.  Hopefully it's good it had better be because we have to sell it and we won't have to buy it from other wineries anymore!

On the subject of wine, I haven't been posting as often because my husband and I have been focused on finding a tasting room.  This weekend we became proud part owners of a tasting room in Healdsburg, which is in an adorable town in Sonoma County.  Until now, we have been pouring and selling our wines at the winery where we make them.  Since we decided to branch out on our own and get a retail space, we decided to partner up with four other wineries that produce less than one thousand cases per year at the Hudson Street Wineries.  This weekend we spent most of our time there so we could meet people and introduce our label to the public.

 This is my husband's very artistic photo of the front of the building.  It was first opened in the early 1900's by the French-American Wine Company before prohibition.


We are very excited, but boy, am I tired today!  Fortunately, there are only four days of school this week and later this month seems years away my school will be on vacation for three weeks because we are on a year round schedule.  It will be the middle of harvest and I will spend a lot of time in the tasting room, but I don't mind.  I will meet lots of interesting people and will work on creating products for my stores between tastings.

Thank you for following me!  I promise that my next post will be about teaching!

2 comments:

  1. Super exciting! My husband's family lived up in Healdsburg for a while. I need to tell my husband we need to head out that way and do some wine tasting! We are only about an hour and a half a way if that far. I miss year round schooling. How is your class going?

    Christa
    sweetlifeofsecondgrade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christa! I would love to meet you in person! My class is doing well. Fourteen boys is difficult, but I'm hanging in there. How is your class this year?

      Delete