Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Reading Buddies and Story Elements Freebie!

Wow, what a long first three days back at school after having three weeks off.  Fortunately, I see the weekend in the horizon and it's looking pretty good!
 
This week my second graders returned from their long break and jumped right into Daily 5.  It was so great to see them settle into our routine.  They also had the opportunity to read with their new Reading Buddies.  A parent donated a huge bag of stuffed animals and I washed them so they would be nice and fluffy.  Students chose one to read to during Read to Self time.  It was amazing how quiet their reading voices were when reading to their stuffed animals.


Pretty cute, huh?

I created this little story element sheet for extra practice this week since we are getting back into story responses.  Click on the picture to download it FREE!
This is a short post since I'm also working on my newest product.  I can't wait to share my Market Day ideas with you!

5 comments:

  1. Great idea ! Thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks and I hope you can use the freebie!

      Delete
  2. I'm just stopping by to say hello. I'm new to blogging and am your new follower. You have a lot of great ideas here and I hope to get to know you. Have a great night!

    Stephanie Ann
    Sparkling in Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie and welcome to blogging! Thanks for following me. I will definitely check your blog out. Good luck!

      Heather

      Delete