Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Spooky Grammar & a Friendly Ghost Freebie!

Have you noticed that bloggers are excitedly posting about all of the fun they are looking forward to having with their students this month?  That's because this is the best time of year!  It happens to be my favorite (see my last post below), which is why I am going to post a lot of ideas in the next couple of weeks.  Hang on  tight!

In my last post,I mentioned my newest product, which I just added to my stores.  It's called Spooky Halloween Grammar Fun and I aligned it with the Common Core Language Standards for second grade.  Click on the pictures to see it in my store.

If you are looking for fun noun, compound word, expanding/unscrambling sentence,  and synonym activities, check it out.  I'm loving how it turned out and it will be great during my Daily 5 time!  Here are some of the activities included in the product:
Here are a couple of pics:

This is a synonym game that is great for centers or Daily 5 Word Work!




My students love sorts and I like to have a recording sheet so I can hold students accountable for their Daily 5 work.





I am linking my product up with Hilary at Rockin' Teacher Materials, who is asking teachers to post our Favorite Fall Teaching Resources.  You will see it along with many others that are great for October and November.

And finally... a freebie!  I created this introduction to dialogue using Little Friendly Ghosts graphics from Graphics From the Pond.  In fact, GFTP is having a cute linky party.  Click on the picture below to see what others have created using these graphics.  Some are free and some are for sale.  GREAT idea!

Click on the picture below to download my freebie:


I would love to hear how you teach your students to include dialogue in their writing!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Heather - cute ideas! I can't believe I just found you. I'm your newest follower. I'll have to stop in more often. :O)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky! Thanks so much! I'm a follower of yours as well. I love your blog!

      Heather

      Delete
  2. I love all the fun Halloween ideas floating around. I need more than one month!! You have been Boo-ed!! Stop by my blog to find out more about it!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, boy! I'd better get on it! Thanks so much!

      Heather

      Delete