Monday, December 24, 2012

2012's Blog Best and Brightest!


Happy Holidays!  Today I decided to join in the blogging festivities by linking up with Christina at Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge.  Everyone participating in the party is writing about our favorite and most popular ideas, products, and bloggers out there, which provides a great resource for all of you teaching blog stalkers out there.  I'm one, too, by the way!

There are two things I discovered in 2012 (I know, I'm a late bloomer) that wowed me and changed my life as a teacher.  Teaching blogs and Teachers Pay Teachers.  I discovered blogs first and then was amazed there was an online store full of products that would make my life easier and make me a better teacher.  Where was I before that?  Oh, yes.  Buying resource books full of stuff I don't need and griping to my colleagues that would it be nice to get new ideas from other teachers. 

This spring I started my own blog and teacher store, which has been a huge undertaking.  I am still trying to figure out how to juggle teaching, helping my husband run our wine business/tasting room, blogging, and creating products.  However, it's fun, I'm creating curriculum (which I love), and I'm networking with fantastic teachers around the world.  Thank you for following me and for reading my posts!

This year's most popular posts on my blog are listed below:
The first was this post at the beginning of the school year when we were all decorating our classrooms.  It was a great idea from Corinna at Surfin' Through Second and I got some awesome decorating tips!

Another fun post was about Halloween and I shared my grammar product, which sold well in my stores.  I love Halloween and the clip art for this product was so cute!


My best selling product this year is used for making birthday books.  People have been really generous with their feedback and emails.  I use it in my classroom and my students love it.  They get so excited when their birthday book gets stapled together with a cute cover and letters from all of their classmates.  They also enjoy creating a poster about themselves while everyone else writes them letters.  It's only $1 so that's a bonus!

I have been excited about meeting so many talented teachers with fabulous ideas this year as well.  They have taught me a lot about teaching, blogging, and creating great products.  I hope you check them out!

Kelley (a fellow Californian) at Teacher Idea Factory
Lori at Teaching With Love and Laughter
Corinna at Surfin' Through Second
Nicole at Teaching With Style!

Merry Christmas Eve!
 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout-out, Heather! I can't wait to see what's in store for 2013!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! You are awesome and I'm looking forward to reading your posts next year!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking up! I know what you mean about TpT- I've been online with a website since 2006, but didn't start a blog until last year, and didn't know about TpT until the very end of 2011! I love the online teacher community so much!

    :)
    Christina
    *Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the birhday book! I am a new follower!

    Kathy O
    Third Grade Doodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kathy! Can't wait to check out your blog!

      Delete
  4. What a great post! I can't wait to link up too. Your Halloween product looks so cute - I'll have to add that to my wish list for next year! I'm a new follower!! :)

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! I'm a follower, too. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. My heart skipped a beat when I saw my little old name listed at the end of your post. Thanks for the love sweets!! Bring on 20-13 . . . it's gonna be a great one :) One of these days we are going to have to match up!

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad! You gave great advice when I emailed you months ago and I appreciate it! Enjoy the new year!

      Delete