Saturday, January 5, 2013

Isn't Winter Snow Much Fun?

I hope you enjoyed your winter break and are ready to get back into the swing of things at school.  I know some of you have gone back already, but I worked right up until Christmas and don't start back up until Monday. 

During my vacation I worked on creating a winter product that is perfect for my kiddos.  The reason I feel it's perfect this time of year is that my second graders always seem to have forgotten the most basic skills over winter break and I end up feeling frustrated that I can't move forward with new concepts in the first few days.  This year I am ready!


The activities in this product are a review of math and language arts skills that are taught in first and second grades.  I would also use this with struggling students in third grade.  I am going to incorporate the language arts activities into my Daily 5 time next week and the math activities will be accomplished in small groups during our math time.

Click HERE to see it in TpT and HERE for TN
  One thing my students LOVE is the simplest idea I have come up with over the years.  When they are done with their required assignments, I set out laminated envelopes full of copies of different activities.  They are usually practice worksheets that reinforce what I have taught and offer additional practice.  I don't know why it's so popular, but each year my classes love seeing the envelopes lined up along the whiteboard ledge and can't wait to choose their activities to work on independently.


You should try it!  If you want another idea of how to organize student paperwork, consider the product listed above because I added it in at the end.

I hope you enjoyed your winter break and are feeling rejuvenated so you can make it until spring break!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable blog and awesome product. I teach 3rd, but I can always learn from my primary friends. I also do Daily 5. I'm going to read your past posts. Thanks for sharing.
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gina! It's so great that you visited my blog! I used to teach third. Isn't it an awesome grade? I'm checking out your blog right now. I've been wondering what it's called.

      Heather

      Delete