Saturday, June 29, 2013

July Currently Is Here!

Yay!  I finally have time to do a currently and am excited because July is my favorite month of the year. Thanks, Farley!

OK, so I have spent the first part of my summer vacation at my in-law's home in St. Andrews, Scotland.  (I'll post pics soon).  It was the best trip yet and I was so sad to leave, especially since we were returning to a serious heat wave in CA.  We are supposed to get up to 108 degrees by Tuesday, which is unheard of in wine country.  100 degrees is an occasional occurrence, but 108?  Holy moly!  The air conditioning bill will be insane!

I'm loving July because it's my birthday month.  I know how childish that sounds, but I have always loved the timing of my birthday because we are out of school, it's warm, and I can do whatever I please.  This year is kind of special (that's what I keep telling myself) because I'm turning the big 4-0.  INSANE!  I don't think I look or act 40, so how can that be?!

Last night I finally got some serious sleep, which is going to help with the jet lag that follows me around like a bad smell each day.  No more waking up at 2:00 a.m. ready to run and then practically bump into walls and fall asleep at 6:00 p.m.!

Yes, I don't want to turn 40.  I should be graceful about it, but I'm not, especially when my ob/gyn said, "Congratulations and welcome to the club!" during our last visit.  She then gave me a referral to get a mammogram, which is now going to be a regular part of my check up in the future.  Gee, I feel honored...

Although I have Scottish skin, I still try to get a little color in the summer so I don't blind my fellow Californians when I wear shorts.  Mostly, I use fake tan lotion because I don't want skin cancer.  Right now, I am as pasty as they come and the tanning lotion isn't helping all that much.  Time to get out into my lovely garden and get a little Vitamin D and color!

Tips and tricks is new, but a cool idea.  I gave traveling tips since I just went through it.  Pack smart and stay hydrated on those plane trips and you will feel better.  Anyone going on a big trip this summer?

Happy July!!!

7 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you are in Scotland! Happy early birthday!!

    Erin
    Creating & Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy early birthday! Enjoy your whole birthday month! You deserve it!

    How cool that your in-laws have a house in Scotland! I'd love to travel there one day!

    The Polished Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm headed to California in a few weeks...I hope the heat wave is over by then! I can't wait to see your Scotland pictures!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right behind you to join "the club!" Oh well, forty and fabulous! :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I found your blog at the currently linky, and am your newest follower! :-)

    Melissa
    The TechKnowledgey Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!I'm soon turning 30 and be sure I feel the same way:(

    Lusine
    Enjoy Teaching English

    ReplyDelete