Monday, July 29, 2013

Grade Change and Thanks, Erin Condren!

You may remember that I am at a year round school, which means I started back in mid July.  We are now into our third week of school, Back to School Night is done, and parent volunteers are coming in to help with centers.  

I am sure most of you are either preparing for a new school year or are trying not to accept that summer vacation will soon come to an end.  I understand!

This year I am experiencing big changes at my school.  First, I have teamed up with a great teacher and friend to teach kindergarten as a job share team.  I am now teaching three days a week and she is teaching the other two days.  So far it has been a lot of work trying to combine our furniture, supplies, and teaching styles, but we really mesh and things are going really well. 


In order to stay extremely organized with my partner, I decided to splurge on an Erin Condren lesson planner.  Isn't it pretty?  I watched the video on her website (click HERE) and thought it would be a great gift to us.  It was worth it!  Not only is it durable, but we have space for our weekly, monthly, and year long plans.  We also have room to write each other notes and there are cute stickers in the back for library, P.E., etc. so we don't have to fill that in each week.  I would show you more pictures, but her video shows it all and gives you a better view of each section.  I especially love the sheet protectors in the back because we can keep important documents in there that we refer to often.  If you have been on the fence about buying one of these planners due to the price, I completely understand.  However, it really was a great purchase for us.

Did you notice that my school is a charter school?  That is another change this year and I will dedicate a post to that soon.  For now, I hope you continue to relax and enjoy the excitement of starting a new school year!


No comments:

Post a Comment