Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Halloween Centers and a Freebie

The grape harvest is coming to an end so I am excitedly coming out of hibernation.  My last post was just before Harvest began, which is when I become a "Wine Widow".  My husband starts working on making wine and works every day until late October or early November.  It's brutal, but this year is especially challenging because we opened a tasting room Labor Day weekend.  Since I am teaching three days a week, I have been spending lots of time running the tasting room, which means very few days off for me.  Fun, but exhausting! 

Thanks for sticking with me as I took a hiatus to work on other projects.  Now that I'm back, I'm working on new Fall and Halloween products for kindergarten.  I switched grade levels this summer and will now have K-3 products in my store.  Exciting!  Look for posts about my new products for the little ones soon...

If you are looking for activities to do in the next two weeks with your primary students, take a peek at this product: 

I LOVED making and using these centers for my second graders last year and it is one of my best selling products.  You can view my post about it HERE.  There's even a freebie in there!

If you want a chance to get this product, leave a comment describing your favorite fall activity to do with your students.  I will pick a random winner to send it to!  Stay tuned for more activities and pictures of my classroom. 

5 comments:

  1. I love having the students make Fall Trees! They trace their hand and part of their arm on a sheet of brown construction paper, cut it out, glue it onto a sheet of green construction paper, and then decorate the tree with either Fall Confetti Leaves or Punched out Leaves from fall colored construction paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry email address is rachelmd93@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. I love that idea! Have you posted a picture of it on Pinterest? That would be cool!

      Delete
  2. We go on a fall scavenger hunt and afterward one of the things we do is write an acrostic poem. We glue the poem on crayon shaving trees that the students make. Fun!

    tokyoshoes at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, a crayon shaving tree. I've never seen that. I would love to see a picture of it! Sounds beautiful!

      Delete