Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Are You a Google Ninja?

Have you attended a Google Summit training for educators yet?  It's all the rage right now and my district is definitely jumping into it with both feet.

It began with a training at my district office to learn how to use Google Drive features with my students in the classroom as well as to share docs with parents and teachers.  I teach kindergarten so I didn't expect to hear that I could use the Drive with my kiddos, but the trainer is a K teacher who gave me some great ideas.  Just uploading a simple doc that they can practice typing word family words onto is fun for them.  Best of all, I received a Samsung Chromebook to use in my classroom!


My principal is really into Google and Twitter so eleven of us (yes, eleven) were able to attend a Google Summit training for two days in Napa.  No, there was no time for wine tasting.  :(

One of the speakers was Jaime Casap, who is inspirational to say the least.  He refers to himself as a "Global Education Evangelist", which I love.  Here is a link to one of his presentations at a TedxTalks:


We saw several presentations each day at the Summit and learned a ton about how to use our new Chromebooks in the classroom.  I even got this snazzy travel bag for my device.


Since we are not a 1:1 school, we were amazed at what other schools are doing out there with technology.  I would love to know if you are at a 1:1 device school and, if so, what is your favorite activity to do with your students?

No comments:

Post a Comment