Saturday, August 16, 2014

Storing Classroom Pointers Is a Breeze


Welcome to another Bright Ideas post and to a new school year!  I have joined over 100 other bloggers to share classroom tips that will hopefully save you some time this year.


Storing pointers can be such a pain in the neck!  Pointers leaning against the wall, resting on whiteboard ledges, lying on the floor, etc.  In my classroom I have several that we use for different purposes, but they need to be kept in one tidy place in order to prevent me from going nuts.  I like my students to choose which one they want to use during calendar time, so having them accessible to kindergarteners is also a must.

Containers and tall vases inevitably tip over, but this storage crate doesn't!  I simply turned it upside down and slid the pointers into the openings, which keeps them in place.  It's so easy to store many different pointers (time to make another trip to the Dollar Store) and my students easily find what they are looking for each day.  We are in our fifth week of school so I can safely say it works!


This particular wire basket came from Ross, but a plastic file crate or something similar would work just as well!

If you like this Bright Idea, consider joining me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram for more ideas.  For more bright ideas from other bloggers, browse the link up below and find some that speak to you.  This is my favorite part!  Happy idea shopping!



3 comments:

  1. I always store them in a small like dorm trashcan. This has me thinking though... what do I have that I can turn upside down and use to make them look neater? =) Great idea for sure!

    Jennifer from
    Simply Kinder

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great collection of pointers! Great idea!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete